The spicy noodles with vegetables recipe detailed out below serves two people and is a combination of a variety of different dishes that you have tried up until a few years ago. It's tasty, nutritious, healthy and can be prepared and cooked in less than twenty minutes.
1 pack of fresh noodles
2 sticks of celery
Half a cup of garden peas
Half a cup of sweetcorn
1 to 4 cloves of garlic (to taste)
1 teaspoon of chilli powder or flakes
1 teaspoon of ground ginger
1 teaspoon of turmeric
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
1 teaspoon of ground coriander
5 tablespoons of olive oil
Salt (to taste)
- Finely chop half of the onion, then thinly slice the other half and put to one side.
- Crush or finely chop the garlic and add to the onions.
- Next, you need to take the carrots and the celery and do the following to both: chop them in three identical lengths, then thinly slice them lengthways.
- After doing this, add the olive oil to a large, (preferably) non stick wok or frying pan and place on a medium heat.
- Add ginger, turmeric, cumin and coriander.
- After about 30 seconds (or if you detect a tiny amount of smoke), add the onions and garlic.
- Stir these on a medium heat for about three or four minutes, just to soften the onions up and to cook some of the harshness out of the garlic.
- After the onions have been cooking for a while, add all of the other vegetables and turn up the heat for two minutes whilst constantly stirring.
- Pour in a couple of tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, then finally add the noodles, chilli flakes or powder and keep tossing them so that all of the other ingredients get intermingled with them. After two minutes of cooking, the noodles dish is ready.
Add salt to taste and serve!